Monday, July 23, 2007

a camping we will go...




who knew?! apparently a lot of people have shared in the church camp experience but this was my first go at it...i am hooked. can't wait till i can buy canteen, swim everyday with 30 other 4-6th grade girls and stay up late and play with the other counselors.

i learned this last week:

1- girls change their clothes and bathe a lot more than boys
2- benny the clown isn't really all that scary after all
3- jeanne foust's sister, vonya has the same voice and heart as jeanne
4- i am a dork about skits
5- don't panic if someone is drowning you
6- you can miss your own child even when they are sitting right next to you
7- i don't miss the pettiness of a 5/6th grade girl
8- sometimes i act like a 5/6th grade girl
9- i need time alone
10- being a children's minister is a complete and total blessing (except during 1/4 changes).


this just scratches the surface...i seriously had a great time. thanks to Jeanne and Amanda for letting me have Hannah and Annsley all week. we made great memories.
enjoy the pics.

4 comments:

Julie Young said...

Sounds like you guys had fun. Thanks for sharing. Loved the pictures!

Cortnie said...

Great Pictures! I loved camp when I was young. I can't imagine sending Josephine in a few years!

Scarlett said...

That brings back memories of when Lauren Smelser and I went to Maywood every year. Canteen was the greatest part of the day with exception to talent/skit night. Oh, and I also vaguely remember the no mixed swimming fun! HA!

Amy F said...

I have missed your blog. Trying to spend less time on the computer DOES have its drawbacks. Keep 'em coming. I miss you.

Scribes for Scribblers

About Me

My photo
How we live our day is...how we live our lives. -Annie Dillard

Followers