Monday, December 31, 2007

new years eve

the kids are spending the night with my parents tonight. they have been gone since 2 pm this afternoon. i have at least 24 hours without kids in my own house. usually we are on a distracting short trip when i am kid-less but for 3 hours now i have wandered around thinking of something that normally i wouldn't do if they were here.

after 2 games of bowling, three matches of tennis, 3 innings of baseball and a round of fitness training here i sit realizing that playing Wii doesn't count. i am pretty sure that gift was for them in the first place. i am sore and my back hurts.

i could go shopping but i am saving up for "Dance Factory". i recently discovered my dream game does exist! or well it will- the release date is TBA. but here's the even more exciting news...up to 16 players! AH! now you can all come over and we can be just like "girls just wanna have fun" or "footloose" or some other 80's movie i watched 20 times.
here's the review:

"Dance Factory lets you use your own music CDs, and choreographs dance moves accordingly."

could this really be? now if i could just get a case to solve between my dance rehearsals my life will be full circle.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are hilarious! "if you could get a case to solve between your dances." too funny! i'm glad you had some time to yourself. you deserve that. i love you.

Julie Young said...

Glad you got to have a few hrs with no kids! However playing with their toys doesn't count! LOL! That cracked me up.

Uncle said...

I do not check your blog nor my own personal e-mails as often as I could, however; your blogs always amaze me. Your clarity of thought and the wonderful ability you have to eloquently express the thoughts of your mind inspires me. I love the surprise of discovering what wonderful emotion you find yourself dealing with every now and then and your honesty in placing it before your friends.
I wished I lived closer because I know we have a kindred spirit.

Love you -

Uncle REW

"The Activist" said...

i cannot WAIT for my invitation to come in the mail. i will be secretly practicing my moonwalk and the robot in front of my mirror. please oh please invite me. in fact, i might even contribute to said purchase of dance factory...:)

you rock the house.

LucisMomma said...

You made me laugh out loud (I'd say "LOL" but Krista might read this).

You have a good way of saying things. 24 hours without kids? I cna't imagine that!

Gena said...

my invitations will be shaped like records and scented with "exclamation!" (because that's what i wore in 8th grade)
and we can work on the scene from Tiffany's video
"I think we're alone now"
my dear friends this truly will make me so happy.

and my sweet uncle i miss you! we do have kindred spirits. love you

LucisMomma said...

Gena--John said, "the kids were gone and she spends time on wii? It should be 'WE' time!" I loved it.

susan

Jim said...

Hey - do you have a season pass for Psych? You know new episodes start up Friday!

Gena said...

are you kidding?! (yes)

he's the new and improved JD from Scrubs.

i love him and gus and the denied chemistry between him and jules. i have been watching season one on the repeats can you tell?

Jim said...

Ha! Awesome! I haven't missed an episode.

Though I took back the Season 1 DVDs Krista got me to get Guitar Hero (!)

Scribes for Scribblers

About Me

My photo
How we live our day is...how we live our lives. -Annie Dillard

Followers