Sunday, June 15, 2008

I think i am going to take a break from the updates of my life- most of my readers (that just made me chuckle susan and julie) know i have been consumed and obsessed with peace, love and eternal life. (Go VBS 08! woo hoo!)

Before that I was all consumed with school and the end of the year then our vacation. It is so much more fun to take our kids to the beach now that they actually like it.

Now i feel a bit more like myself. I get to relax, read a blog or two and maybe be a little about me if just for a minute.

here are my so far this summer observations:

-kids are usually happy when they are wet. double happy when they are wet and in their clothes.
-plaster of paris is useful but very...hard.
-harrison ford has still got it
-a giant panda CAN make you laugh
-there are tv shows for any type of home repair or improvement. i am in love with hgtv.
-cube cheese goes a long way
-patrick dempsey could pick his nose and i would pay $8 to see it
-Alabama houses some serious sized beatles that freak me out
-A lot of people are getting married this summer and thankfully they like chicken.
-i think the brady bunch sings our summer theme song...i never would have thought that could happen


6 comments:

Scarlett said...

Funny! My child is double happy when she's running around outside with NO clothes on! Oh, and HGTV is awesome. My latest obsession is Decorating Cents--Love it! :)Summer seems like it just started, but it will be over sooner than we realize....enjoy the warm beautiful weather and the energetic kiddos! :)

Julie Young said...

Funny post Gena! Glad that VBS is over. I know that takes a lot of time. That is all you and Scarlett on the HGTV. Ya'll are waaaay to creative for me. :)

Kym said...

please don't take a break from your updates...I HATE it when you do that!!!

LucisMomma said...

What was the summer theme song? the brady bunch songs are stuck in my head, I'm sure I know it.

Patirck Dempsey? Girl, he's way older than you.

Caro said...

Hey Gena! Your beach pics are awesome! Your family is gorgeous and so grown up! I can't believe it! I too think McDreamy has got it going on and my kids are also happiest when wet. Although we are potty training right now and this doesn't help the process. I still read your blogs so keep it up as you always make me laugh!

Amy F said...

Love your thoughts.

Scribes for Scribblers

About Me

My photo
How we live our day is...how we live our lives. -Annie Dillard

Followers