Thursday, November 20, 2008

Who are you -really?

This cute little 30 min. deal with Christina Applegate has been on my mind today- Samantha Who? In the show Samantha has lost all of her memory and from all the snippets pulled from her memory we soon see she is much the better to have lost her old self. She's so kind and fun now where before she was awful.

This had me thinking- what would our true self be without outside circumstances interfering? I know that's impossible but lets just say those circumstances had been different. How different would we be? The only way I can respond to that is to think about who am i? I think the person I am right now is not fully who I am at heart. So not meaning to be a downer but we have to make adjustments because of other choices. And eventually you change. But at heart, are you able to be what your mind and heart leads you towards? and if so- how?

Being a Follower, I am able to adjust because there is something bigger and better I am called to do than how I might prefer to be or maybe even am supposed to be (?). I still have selfish moments where I want to express myself in a totally different way than the conformity's of my community and even lifestyle. I want to bust out and write a book or be in a play or travel to Africa and live a few months. I want to teach my kids to plant a garden and live off the land. Then i want to live in New York for a while...
Am I crazy?

So what is your heart wanting to bust out and do?

2 comments:

Melodie S. said...

Great post!
Now you really have me thinking.
BTW Samantha Who is one of my favorite shows. Even bought the first season on DVD and I never do that.

Gena said...

its always clever. i love how she tries so hard to do the right thing! another good one is Eli Stone. It's a very spiritual show. You have to keep an open mind but it's cool how he makes decisions too.

Scribes for Scribblers

About Me

My photo
How we live our day is...how we live our lives. -Annie Dillard

Followers