Saturday, October 03, 2009

Happy Fall to Me

I have officially been denying the fall. The fresh air, the gentle breeze, the sun, when it actually came out and warmed it all to the perfect temperature something so natural happened it seemed unnatural. I fell in love. Not just "ah, this feels nice" but I went to the same extreme of denying God's change of season with ungrateful disinterest and scoffs at people loving the "football weather" to feeling all "alive" and running in circles with arms wide open like a scene from "The Sound of Music". It's time to embrace the fall for what it is. I know the next line is different for everyone. But for me it's change. The colors, the temp., the smells. See... I like summer. I like warm, i like green. These ARE a few of my favorite things. But fall brings cold and brown. Cold and brown and colder and then barren. Yuck for me. Then why today do i feel delicious?

Being inside with my toothless child lent me to some quality time with him until his interest in the TV overcame his interest in me. So i naturally get on FB, twitter, blogs, anything that reminded my mind i am in a bigger world than this one in which my couch and tv set...

One, I was reminded that I desperately want to go to Africa. Two, I was reminded that I really can't keep up nor want to keep up with the runnings of this world. I have never been a newsy kinda girl and when i wrap my brain around the loudness of community and entertainment and media, i shrink a little. And instead of feeling alive- i feel little. Being inside obviously isn't the answer.

So today, I will suit up up my soccer playing spawn and breathe deep. Lift fall right into my air passages and hold tight. I will overcome the temptation too dread winter. I will overcome the temptation to be all grumpy with every one's delightful meaner . I will take in the day with joy and gladness and hope. That one day winter will not scare me and brown will be my color. And that coats and socks and scarves and chills will be overshadowed with coziness and blankets and a good book and maybe some hot chocolate.

Fall-*sigh* Here I come.






No comments:

Scribes for Scribblers

About Me

My photo
How we live our day is...how we live our lives. -Annie Dillard

Followers