Saturday, October 31, 2009

i love my church.


Tonight we gain an extra hour. Watch me sit here and waste it away. I guess writing my thoughts isn't a total waste but I could be crashing after a long day. Tonight was our Harvest Fest. The big event that involves 1/2 the church it feels like. Coordinating all the people/help- is a feat in and of itself. Not to mention reserving, purchasing, the donations, the inevitable shopping and the candy, man the candy...but after all is said and done- a grandiose blessing.

I watched families work together. Get dressed up together, laugh together- pray together. I know it's a Halloween alternative event- not Sunday worship or anything but it's got me thinking about God so much. He not only provided a gorgeous day filled with sun when the weathermen all week said rain, He rallied up a group of people- a mash up of CP members to serve and befriend each other.

I love why He makes these things happen. It may have been great for our community- but I can see how great it was for our church family. I feel like I bonded a bit with everyone because we all had a common goal-hot dogs, drinks, cotton candy, yeah- but more so the people from the community fueled our energy levels and made us want to make it a great event.

Passing each other in the kitchen, stealing a bowl of chili in the midst of the hectic, working out funnel cakes after we tripped two breakers- i am, for this moment, in love with my CP family. I love that my preacher stayed all day- from the moments at the beginning until we shut out the kitchen lights- he took out trash, set up chairs and handed out cokes. Stayed just as busy and worked just as hard as the rest. A good man.

I love that even though we changed the day late in the game, we had more help than ever. I love that after wrapping 3200 hot dogs my kitchen coordinator couldn't leave- saying "i have to see how this plays out!" then got in there and served popcorn for two and a half hours. I love that two people were there just to pray with people. I love that my son worked a game this year and my kids didn't mention one time to me how they missed out on trick or treating in our neighborhood- I love that I finally got to meet Pam that I have been hearing all about...

So tonight as I lay my head on my pillow I will sleep well with my little reminder-I love that we love our community and I love that we love each other. Whether or not we had a t-shirt for everybody or that we got that super great job that we wanted- we had a good attitude- and after a long time of planning and prep- this has made a difference to me.




No comments:

Scribes for Scribblers

About Me

My photo
How we live our day is...how we live our lives. -Annie Dillard

Followers