Monday, October 16, 2006

my insi(RED) moment

i know a few of you know about "My Upmost for His Highest"- oswald chambers. he is a spiritually deep writer and i am blessed to have a link to him on my "to do" page that i check in on everyday.

i have to share today's thoughts. it -took a load off- so to say. one of those things that make you feel lighter, less burdened and less in control. a fantastic feeling. if you want to read the whole thing in context link to
Heartlight.org


"We are taken up with active work while people all round are ripe to harvest, and we do not reap one of them, but waste our Lord's time in over-energized activities. Suppose the crisis comes in your father's life, in your brother's life, are you there as a labourer to reap the harvest for Jesus Christ? "Oh, but I have a special work to do!" No Christian has a special work to do. A Christian is called to be Jesus Christ's own, one who is not above his Master, one who does not dictate to Jesus Christ what he intends to do. Our Lord calls to no special work: He calls to Himself. "Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest," and He will engineer circumstances and thrust you out.

i think i am left feeling like this
"what the crap have i been trying to do here?!?!"

God has me. Praise God. So do any of you ever feel like you are trying to find your place, your purpose?

This says chill out. Live like Him -for Him -and because of Him.

Maybe that should be the question instead of finding our purpose is finding our reason.

I'm sorry. You all have probably discovered this on day 4 or 5 of your spiritual journey, i am just having an ah-ha moment about something that is obvious...ever have those days?
Forgive me if i randomly post 1 Cor. 13 again. i am inspi(RED).


 

6 comments:

Amy F said...

love the post - will read and re-read and go to the site but unrelated - have to tell you a million times over how thankful i am you shared "HELD" with us. i need it every day.

Gena said...

i think that is exactly why i am always drawn to those verses because i constantly need reminding to stop trying to figure life out :)

be still, serve, love
enough

Anonymous said...

Thanks Gena, I needed this!! I checked out the site and I really liked it! Think that I'm going to have to add him to my to do list too!!!
Thanks again!!

Scarlett said...

I have the book----got it for my birthday last year---by my nightstand----have only one one devotional----shame shame on me---you've made me want to get it out again! Thanks

Scarlett said...

by that I mean I've only "done" one devotional...i'm typing too fast. I need to chill out too! I'm so tired of always being in a hurry.......I'm gonna try to change that too~

Gena said...

i have to give meredith credit for my Upmost for His Highest interest.

she got me started reading that about 6 years ago! (is that right?)

now i use the link, it's written a little easier to read too. Oswald is too much for me some mornings without that modern english translation thing going on

Scribes for Scribblers

About Me

My photo
How we live our day is...how we live our lives. -Annie Dillard

Followers