Saturday, September 02, 2006

grasshoppers and getting older

i woke up yesterday morning in pain. every muscle made me feel twice my age. i was swollen- and my hair...even though i tried, just didn't happen- (i know its fried, i wish my friends would just say something already) -my face was gross. i had some crazy combination skin going on like i am 14. after squeezing into my pants i was officially depressed with my appearance.

the day continued on with many mishaps of forgetfullness. i forgot a lunch date, i left a flyer in the printer at home in which i had made for someone i had promised to have to Wed...(it was Friday) i forgot completely to work at school (it was my day) i also couldn't remember words. conversations with me were a joke. WoRdS!...simple ones like "grill" and "ms smith" even our dogs name. i am not hungover or taking anything besides my vitamins that ironically are supposed to be bringing clarity...

however-i managed to have fun last night. amy b and i celebrated jana h birthday with shannan. Big surprise at carrabba's, a little cold stone creamery, add some target and we had people telling us we were having too much fun.
funny how a day can be flipt...

on the way home a grasshopper lasted from madison to my driveway
holding on to amy's hood...
perseverance-
now if a grasshopper can make it with 70 mile an hour winds, i think i might can get up with a smile on today and maybe -just maybe- i can trust that it won't matter so much what i look like, how i feel or even what i can remember- except that God is good and i am thankful...and hope for more laughter thru it all...
I Corinthians 13:7
Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

3 comments:

Meredith said...

That is a funny post! I had to laugh becuase we all have days like that!! I can totally see me forgetting to help at school. I'm sure that'll happen to me before long!

Scarlett said...

I have always loved your hair--I used to tell my mom and grandmother how much I wanted my hair to look like yours when I was a teenager! And--I am convinced that I will have that nasty combination weird pimply skin until I'm 80! We should have grown out of this by now! Maybe Labor Day came at the right time and you got to rest up from all your hard work!

Gena said...

ha ha umm...holly.

Scribes for Scribblers

About Me

My photo
How we live our day is...how we live our lives. -Annie Dillard

Followers