Sunday, September 24, 2006

SaDiE


sadie was four yesterday and i started the day staring at her while she slept. there she was with her messy hair, laying sideways with her whole life in front of her.

four years ago she was put on my chest, screaming her little red self out. she was mine. my little girl, my new friend. i just didn't deserve that. and yet God thought he'd give me and her a whirl and here we are four years later and looking around i think she and i are doing ok...if i could just teach her how to sit like a lady...

for her birthday, she was slathered with beads, combs, nail polish, clips, floam, sand, clothes, work-out videos and all the things that make sadie's world go round. and i am crazy about her and all her girl stuff.

8 comments:

Kym said...

Quit making me cry all the time!!!

Meredith said...

Fun!! It's amazing how we are touched so differently by both our girls AND boys! I thought girls were the only way to go...Macy was my universe and I couldn't imagine having a boy when I found out I was having Brady, and now I can't imagine what I ever did without him. They each touch my life in their own individual ways! How blessed we are!

Julie Young said...

Cute pictures! That is funny about having to teach her how to sit.

"The Activist" said...

you teach them how to sit between four and four and a half :)
thanks for the spa time! julianna loved it. we too are glad sadie is in this world. God is good!

Amy F said...

Wasn't it just YESTERDAY that GATES was born? Much less Riley, then Sadie and now four years later...Tyler and Taylor say we should stop having fun so time won't go by so fast. :) Happy Birthday to my future daughter-in-law, I hope. Also seems like yesterday that we put her in her carrier and Reagan in his carrier up on my bar. Wow. I love them all!

Gina said...

Gena,
I love this post. Please save it for when Sadie is grown. What a gift. By the way, the next time you are here, you'll have to look at my ceiling...on second thought, don't!
Love you!!

Gina said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gina said...

Now I feel the need to explain the deleted one...If you hit publish 2 times (second time by accident), it puts your post up 2 times - imagine that!

Scribes for Scribblers

About Me

My photo
How we live our day is...how we live our lives. -Annie Dillard

Followers