Thursday, September 07, 2006

my featured friend...

people impress me.
i like to consider their strengths that stand out -especially the ones that i am weak in or just want to be like- i think i might make "my featured friend" a blogging habit. a fresh word about yourself goes a long way and we need to build each other up!mY feAtUrEd FrIeNd... Shannan Bridges

5 qualities that make her like HIM to me:

*her mind is on her Maker... Her latest discovery of how to improve herself or her mindset in order to be more like Him is always what brings light in her eyes. my favorite thing about her.

*she loves to laugh. she is all about a good time. she somehow can pull this off without speaking bad about one person. a rarity. my close second favorite thing about her.

*she does what she believes. she doesn't talk about how she should or when would be a good time to start. she just goes for it.

*she can cook like nobody's business. have you seen her in action? have you seen a pampered chef show by shannan? it's entertainment.

*she lives lightly. she doesn't take life too seriously. she can get serious and be there and live in a serious way...but she has learned the fine art of enjoying life.

of course i could go on... shannan i love you! i love your family and your sister and i miss you and your spirit at cross point.

i know we all aren't perfect, i am not holding her up there with God.
i just think i should look around more often and see the good stuff.

6 comments:

Kym said...

Hey Gena,
Just in case you want to use me in your next feature, I'm working on getting some various cute poses of me together for you--I've got some shots that I think you'll really be happy with!!! I'll also try to narrow down my list of favorite characteristics about myself too...you know, just cute things that I sometimes say and do...stuff like that, Okay??
Anyway, back in town and I'm working on my blog tonight...I know you can hardly wait!!
**I know that you know that I'm only kidding about that first paragraph, but this is a disclaimer for any of your blogger friends who don't know me...*** : )
Seriously, I enjoyed reading about Shannan...she sounds wonderful!!
Love you!!

Gena said...

your blog better be good, i need to laugh so hard or cry or feel some emotion in an overwhelming way. as i am sure you did as you read about my friend you don't know...

and i will be getting with you...later...on your facts and portfolio- ;)

Meredith said...

Great! I agree 100% with everything you said about Shannan!!

"The Activist" said...

shannan can make one mean frozen pizza! and mostly because she can accessorize the h*** out of anything. good idea gk
(come on shannan, log on and leave a comment - it's about YOU for crying out loud.)

Katie said...

Gena, I really like your idea about a featured friend. I have never thought about which qualities my friends possess that remind me of God. That is awesome and I'm so glad you wrote that!

Scarlett said...

My favorite thing about Shannan is hearing her say, "Sister......" when she's in total agreement with what you're saying. She's so funny!

Scribes for Scribblers

About Me

My photo
How we live our day is...how we live our lives. -Annie Dillard

Followers