Tuesday, July 04, 2006

for those who may not know, we made a 4 hour stint in the er last night with my sweet little sadie, our first experience with stiches.
she did amazingly well, me not so much.
she simply ran into a wall, the corner of it i mean and pop- i had to sit down while everyone else comforted her- i felt so helpless but i couldn't stand. it was gross and i felt so bad for her all rolled into one. some mom i am... i pulled it together with the help of God and got over myself- 3 little stiches on her cute little head. and they didn't even have to shave her hair, yeah!
maybe i will post a pic of her. she looks cool. thanks to valerie chowning who came to the er (i think she feared i wouldn't make it:) and the shepherds for taking the boys, i think...where are they?
Happy 4th!

3 comments:

Meredith said...

Welcome to my world! You know, we've been to the ER with Brady twice...once for 5 hours, and once for 3. The first time, they did the glue instead of stitches (on his forehead) and the second, 3 stitches right underneath his bottom lip! Of course, with the lip, I was home by myself with him. My calm, EMT husband was at work. He was able to come home and we went together to the hospital. I somehow managed to hold it together, even though there was SO much blood that I thought he had cut his lip all the way through! Don't feel bad about your reaction! Sometimes, it just overwhelms us to see our children in pain (and if you don't like the sight of blood...that doesn't help matters). I hope this is your first and last experience with something like that!!

Amy F said...

The only ER visit I ever made was when I cut my chin open. I was w/a group of friends and they had to call my parents. My mom (or was it my little brother) had to put her head between her legs ON THE WAY TO PICK ME UP b/c she thought she'd be sick. She hadn't even seen me yet. Don't feel bad.

Once when Reagan hit the corner of my footboard, there was so much blood that I had to sit down and call my neighbor to come deal with it b/c I was blacking out. Happens to all of us!

Gena said...

you guys really made me feel better- it really isn't the grossity (is THAT a word) of it all but the emotions tacked along with it...that took the blood and oxygen right out of my head.

and thanks for the awesome verses from before-
amy- the thing blocking our view of the Lord fell on me just right and holly, the hope from Hebrews did too. i love you guys! good stories.

Scribes for Scribblers

About Me

My photo
How we live our day is...how we live our lives. -Annie Dillard

Followers