Monday, July 24, 2006

my uncle ronnie...
i was reaching in my desk drawer in my office today to discover an email address...baron33@ something i can't remember. i knew that baron33...so familiar. my mystery blogger. and then it sank in...my uncle ronnie!
i even remember now why it's baron33. the story behind it i mean. i am sorry u. ron!
so i then re-read all your comments with these new eyes. i am always filled by how much we are alike. i get you-
and this lovely realization came on a rather gloomy day for me. it's like hearing your favorite song on the radio right after a string of bad ones and commercials.
God is good...
i think about you often. i miss you. i can't believe i didn't make the connection sooner.

i wrote this a while back...i think of you when i read it-
you are the writer and guitar player i long to be. i love you!
(some may notice i wrote this as i poured over the wizard...)

holding my guitar
holding my pen
ready for words
as i travel within

my few chords i know
with my limited words
hold candles to shape
and my voice goes unheard

i sence You are listening
waiting
in beautiful hope
to form me
to mold me
to watch me let go

bringing inspiration
to the writer
a brush to the paint
an artist is blessed
by His infinate grace

as i sit here my words
come from the heart
of my soul
it isn't my story
He wants to be told

i pray for wisdom
i pray for release
for my weary old self
wants a canvas for me

i pray for knowledge
the story is Yours
my craft is to share
in a way to allure

i pray for courage
to give You the pen
to give You the glory
as i travel within

6 comments:

Amy F said...

Wow. Wow. Wow. That's all I can say. I'm speechless.

Gena said...

holly's back!
uncle ronnie is my dad's brother- he has Kris who married gina (gina willis -ha) and holly, it's still been 15 years i bet.
hope your stay with your parents was fun!

Meredith said...

I echo Amy F's comment! WOW! Thanks so much for sharing!

Jim said...

So, are you going to sing this song at the next Higher Grounds??

Scarlett said...

Don't you just love to write? You are great at it! I ditto Jim's comment about you singing it at the next Higher Grounds! You're awesome!

Gena said...

i can't wait for a copy. i love that you teach yourself new things. it keeps our minds fresh.
and i commend your adventurous spirit, i myself wish i could do the same. there are other ways of staying close if we continue to take advantage and you always provide an excuse for us to visit some place really cool...now i just need to get there!

Scribes for Scribblers

About Me

My photo
How we live our day is...how we live our lives. -Annie Dillard

Followers