Friday, July 07, 2006

God is Good

Ps. 8:3...I often think of the heavens your hands have made, and of the moon and stars you put in place.

i have been focusing intently on the big picture lately and i think i may be onto something...
life seems easier when i get that this just isn't it- thank you God!
it's a wonderful feeling really to actually get that there is nothing here better than His salvation. i am living more freely- but i must say i have to remind myself to think this way often.

why is that?

you would think something that brought such peace would be easier or more natural, not so-
but i am determined practice makes perfect in this situation, or close at least.
we are just here for minute...it's just a blink really and then we will be with HIM and get it all, understand, see HIM, His face and feel His arms around me. i get so giddy. but He keeps me here with purpose. and i get that purpose so i am ok with waiting.
and until i get to be with Him i just try my best to obey and please, forgive and trust and above all love in ways i don't understand everyday.

i am truly getting that being thankful helps...read jim manchester's blog or i should say look at it. Look up...God is amazing. i am afraid i don't thank Him enough for his creative touch- that which i am most impressed.

so vbs and mexico are up next for me, please pray for spiritual success.
i am anxious, excited but trying to think eternally- hard combination with all that's on my mind.
amy- i miss y0u- holly, what are your summer plans, i need to visit ;) amy f.- lunch?


3 comments:

Amy F said...

I need to be with you more. You EXUDE Christ's desires. I know you're not perfect. I'm not putting you on a pedastal. Your life is not any easier than anyone else's but you're "getting it" so much more than so many people. I need more of "your kind" of people in my life. Lunch Tuesday or Wednesday?! OH VBS! Dinner Monday? Lunch Saturday? Dinner Sunday? I'm sorry.

Jim said...

Thanks for the nod!

And it is so difficult for me to rememember this is but a vapor. Especially during the stressful, most difficult times.

We get so caught up in the "here and now", and buy into the lie that this life is the beginning and end of everything.

When you figure it out, let me know...

Gena said...

thank you for the encouragement. not surprisingly, i needed it ;) and i feel the same about you guys. Godly influence, conversation brings hope that just doesn't spring up out of nowhere.

aflatt- we have to work something in this week, let me think and i can't get on your blog-whatsup?
holly- i have mexico after vbs-Maybe after the kids start back in August me and Sadie could come up? we'll talk- sorry about the kids! tell sewells hey from their redheaded stepchild.

Scribes for Scribblers

About Me

My photo
How we live our day is...how we live our lives. -Annie Dillard

Followers