Friday, July 21, 2006

hello friends! mexico was amazing- i was challenged in ways i wasn't expecting. i can't really pass on words that describe the change in my heart- the faces of the people... the communication that was obviously beyond verbal. i made friends with a culture. it is beautiful to me how God can rip a barrier away in an instant and instead create a bond that feels like to me will be in my heart despite the barriers placed again by distance. i spent a lot of time with the kids, surprised? i am in love. and not only with our hispanic kids but our 10 kids from our youth group that went with thier families. serving the lord together bonds souls...forever in a way you can't understand until you do so in a determined kind of way. i would love to share all my great stories- but i doubt your intrest would last. i pray He can just keep this feeling alive. the feeling that i want to make a difference. it's spiritual motivation... i needed that. life goes on the same here but now i have something in my heart pressing me. i am not sure what that means or where that will lead me but i don't plan to deny it.
keep a guy named "adrian" in your prayers that he will build a relationship with God. one particular person that i hated to leave because i felt the seed wasn't quite planted. i hope i am wrong.
thanks for the prayers while we were gone.

and this picture in the only one i have from mexico...my camera battery went out, ahem...but aren't we so cute? i like to call it 316 ;)...if you look closely you can see a small portion of a mexican statue.
see trina for one of the 650 some odd pictures of our experience...trina-get a blog already.
i'm out-

2 comments:

Scarlett said...

I'm so happy you're all home safe and sound. We missed you! I hope I can go on this trip one year. I'm sure it was totally awesome. I will pray that you'll be able to keep your spiritual motivation. We all need that and we need each other to help us keep it! I'd love to hear more stories! :)

Amy F said...

Glad you're safe. Glad it went well. Want to hear more later. Still praying for you. Lots of discoveries here...Check out my blog for pics of our kids! :)

Scribes for Scribblers

About Me

My photo
How we live our day is...how we live our lives. -Annie Dillard

Followers