Saturday, July 01, 2006

Ghost of the Bayou

not to sound perverted but-i touched this last night...and yes, it's real-

He was being held by Mandy our Zoo Snooze leader. She's Joe Manchester and Meg Ryan's love child. I was a little more scared of her than the gator. One of those people you really want to like you and you end up saying something dumb in front of and figure they think you're an idiot and then you avoid the rest of the many times you are around them...

OK, enough of my insecurities. I had a fabulous time. Seriously. We camped under the stars to the sound of monkeys-
I had two "unforgetable's":
One, Riley made my heart get that feeling like i can't get anymore happy when he wanted to hold my hand the entire length of the zoo last night because he just wanted me near. I miss that just being a given with my boys.
Second, the ride home with just the girls in the van. James Blunt's "beautiful" and Anna Nalik's "2 am" blaring from my speakers with the windows down. I think heaven will involve wind. I am so filled by wind and sound. Thank you God for a surprisingly amazing time. I am blessed and am anxious to walk with these kids as they grow up in the youth group.

8 comments:

"The Activist" said...

ok, explain the love child comment?
Meg Ryan and Joe Manchester???

thanks for the wind and heaven analogy. music going, windows down, wind blowin...it's pretty bliss.

glad you made it back.
love ya

btw - sadie is such a cutie - i'm glad her and JKM are such buddies...they acted like sisters today!

Gena said...

i hope that acting like sisters means that they were so sweet together. because being the sister over here means a lot of screaming and fighting...:)

thanks for keeping her, she loves you guys!

i'll explain joe and meg later and amy, i agree- hopefully soon-

Gena said...

ok everybody- She had blonde hair and her mouth curled up like meg ryans but she was built like joe. maybe a little TALLER.
she actually favored Tressa Delano in the face a little-

She scared me is all i know, she knew a whole lot about the animals and she had a nice enough prescence about her, helpful you know...but she could have beat the crap out of me if she wanted to.

and i kept my sleeping bag far away from her-

Brad Crisler said...

Sounds to me like you might have a little crush on her....

Gena said...

i knew someone's mind would go there- ahem...
no, you guys asked about her so i just explained my thoughts.

Please tell me mr. bc that some men don't intregue you?

Brad Crisler said...

oh..I love everybody..yessir...
bc

Jim said...

OK. I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight.

Jomeg.

"The Activist" said...

jomeg is the bomb!

jim has too much time on his hands.

Scribes for Scribblers

About Me

My photo
How we live our day is...how we live our lives. -Annie Dillard

Followers