Wednesday, July 12, 2006

i want to muster a genuine thanks to my friends for helping with and praying for vbs...the wizard was wonderful- it was a work of many and i can't really relay the contentment i feel about the whole thing. it's over. bittersweet. now my mind is on my kids and mexico. tomorrow is their day. i have felt a little less than a professional mom of late and now i am leaving for what i see as an obscene amount of time...please pray for my peace of mind- and for hearts in mexico to get ready. for God to cultivate. i am not leaving my babies for stoney ground. i know God gets that but this is big to me. i want this trip covered in prayers. my attitude is a little weak right now so i know i need a fresh take on this trip. this summer is a rollar coaster for me...
i found this verse the other day and i keep going back to it

Proverbs 3:5-11: msg
Trust God from the bottom of your heart;
don't try to figure out everything on your own.
Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go;
he's the one who will keep you on track.
Don't assume that you know it all.
Run to God! Run from evil!
Your body will glow with health,
your very bones will vibrate with life!
Honor God with everything you own;
give him the first and the best.
Your barns will burst,
your wine vats will brim over.

God is good. Don't you just love Him? I know my thoughts are random and scattered- again, it's been up and down for me lately. Thanks for your prayers, please let me know any specifics for your families.



3 comments:

Meredith said...

I know that you and everyone going to Mexico will benefit greatly... maybe even as much as the kids you will come in contact with there, just in a different way. Your kids will be fine...you're doing a good thing. I pray for your trip!

Scarlett said...

And thank you for words I needed to hear--the part about trusting in God and not trying to do everything yourself...That's SO hard for me... and BTW, I'm not sure if we're talking about the same history professor since I went to Bradshaw...who are you thinking of? Hmmmmmmmm.....

Katie said...

Gena, I just found our blog from Amy's blog. I'm so excited! I hung out w/ your boys yesterday for lunch bunch and they are a hoot! So cute! Anyway, just wanted to say I enjoyed reading!
~Katie Highfield

Scribes for Scribblers

About Me

My photo
How we live our day is...how we live our lives. -Annie Dillard

Followers