Friday, August 25, 2006

the fire...

last night i worked diligently on the application and still am no where near finished. thank you for the responses- i am somehow brought to a little better understanding of what to put by what you guys are willing to say about me...
i think you were all being nice and i figure all of you had at least 3 grumpy adjectives you could have shared. i really wish you would have, it looks as if i was calling everyone to build me up and that this a.race app. was a big front. i may be that insecure however that was not my intentions.
sooo...this week has been very much a walk thru the fire for me. i can't really explain other than a series of unfortunate events. i am proud to say God is working in me. my attitude has been on a rollar coaster and my heart on my sleeve but i am working on being more even and presentable.
today i am hanging on this verse: 1 peter 1:7

Your faith will be like gold that has been tested in a fire. And these trials will prove that your faith is worth much more than gold that can be destroyed. They will show that you will be given praise and honor and glory when Jesus Christ returns.

and this song:

The pathway is broken
And the signs are unclear
And I dont know the reason why you brought me here
But just because You love me the way that You do
I will go through the valley
If You want me to

Now I'm not who I was
When I took my first step
And I'm clinging to the promise
You're not through with me yet
So if all of these trials bring me closer to You
I will go through the fire
If You want me to

It may not be the way I would have chosen
When you lead me through a world that's not my own
But You never said it would be easy
You only said I'll never go alone

So when the whole world turns against me
And I'm all by myself
And I can't hear You answer my cries for help
I'll remember the suffering Your love put You through
And I will go through the valley
If You want me to


i want this kind of spirit.

and holly i am working on posting some pics of the kids...

5 comments:

Kym said...

Hey my G.G.!!!!
This is Kym! I've got to tell you that I feel kind of like a stalker because I've been reading all through your blog for the past 24 hours. I'm so excited that Holly told me about it!!
I've only cried about 2,000,613 different times while reading it! I LOVE your heart and your spirit, and I love that you have such a gift for putting what you are feeling into words. You have been such a blessing to me the last 24 hours and I am so happy that I get to pry into your life this way!!!
Anyway, I just wanted to say hello and so happy that I've found you here...it just reminds me how much I miss you!!!

Kym said...

okay, I just re-read my post and saw that I put that you've been a blessing to me for the past 24 hours...you've been a blessing to me for a little longer than that... about 14 years longer to be a little more exact (can I use about and exact together??? Anyway, you get my point!!)!!

Amy F said...

I LOVE THAT SONG! I have had it saved in my WORD folders for a long time. I needed to hear it today, though. Thank you. Have you read ON THE ANVIL by Max? Along the same lines.

Gena said...

kYm- i'm not sure if i could be more surprised! i have laughed sitting here at 11:06pm all by myself. you have kept your sense of humor i see. can't wait to keep in touch!

so you worked so hard on your blog name, what does it mean? 27 what? you must explain...

just promise you will keep prying and i will you. i have soo missed you.

Gena said...

and amy, i think that might need to be my next read.

Scribes for Scribblers

About Me

My photo
How we live our day is...how we live our lives. -Annie Dillard

Followers