Sunday, June 18, 2006


do you ever just want to be so creative and all you can think about is like canteloupe or some song your kids listen to on the computer...
...blank...nothing...

i was working on the wizard again tonight and my mind was in gear. i was thinking of red shoes and tornado swirls, jello hearts and then i hit a wall...fruit...and the tune of "magical trevor". I had to stop and leave a little ? question mark sign on my otherwise finished work. agh.

what is that?

please allow me to try and connect you to my child's brain that leaves me stumped
http///www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/magical+trevor/
and after actually browsing this weebls stuff i might just be officially done with magical trevor- much to the boys dismay. It links to "south park"! Pray for my parenting please...no kidding.
but doesn't that tune stay with you?


4 comments:

Brad Crisler said...

Ahh..the days when I could write songs based on inspiration...that lasted about 3 weeks. No better inspiration than hungry mouths and 8 years of Harding;)

G, you should post some songs/lyrics/poems...kinda completes the circle of the therapy of writing when you share it.

bc

Gena said...

i am certainly not writing to feed people so i can afford to wait on inspiration.
at least i do better that way.
full circle of therapy eh?
maybe- seems pretty vulnerable to me.

Brad Crisler said...

I guess my point was...sometimes inspiration is found in the mundaneness (is that a word?) of perspiration... kinda embracing the block instead of pushing through it...All that stuff that on the surface sometimes looks like obstacles to creativity is actually real life...and that is what the best art is made of....
Blah, blah...

The greater point is: Don't take advice from me..I write songs for hillbillys:)


...and vulnerable is a good word.

Peace to you-

bc

Gena said...

i get that- life is inspiration- the moments that aren't really momentous are the ones that are the most original...

don't underesimate your advice

peace to you-

Scribes for Scribblers

About Me

My photo
How we live our day is...how we live our lives. -Annie Dillard

Followers