Friday, June 23, 2006

top 5 little wierd things that bring me peace

5. the bed, how it looks -right after you have changed the sheets then made it. it's just so crisp.

4. the sink, empty with the little hand towel beside it and steam coming out of the dishwasher because it's all about to be clean...

3. hot, folded white towels on my dryer- decidedly very cool to me.

2. in the van: my purse, sunglasses, lip-gloss, cell and c.d. case within arms reach. ahh...

1. gum. a fresh pack of orbit. original flavor, or maybe new wintermint. surprise me.


what's on your top 5 little wierd list?
please note: these aren't things that necessarily bring you happiness, it's peace we're going for.
Come on...why do we read each others bloggs anyway?


Only God gives inward peace, and I depend on him....Ps. 62:5

do you think that these little things that bring us peace, instead of being wierd -are just little gifts from God in our otherwise not so peace filled worlds?

5 comments:

Scarlett said...

My Top 5 (no order)

-getting the last rotisserie chicken at Wal-Mart after hoping there'd be one b/c I'd already planned on it for dinner!

-singing my newest favorite song in the shower

-lengthening, non-clumping mascara that actually works

-actually getting ready on time and being on time without having to finish up in the car

-feeling Bonnie's chest right before I go to bed to make sure she's breathing

"The Activist" said...

great blog topic!

the clean feeling you have after getting out of the shower

unwrapping a new smell - either perfume, cleaning product, lotion, etc.

fresh clothes straight from the dryer, nice and warm

a ice cold sonic drink, in my cupholder, with sunglasses, gum, and good lip stuff all within reach, with a brand new CD to listen to

the rythmic work of preparing a meal, and the end result of making something good.

Brad Crisler said...

...watching my children as they sleep and KNOWING that I am not in control..of anything.


...open D chord in DADGAD kapo 2nd fret...that's peace.

...The 1st four Chapters of Romans...really all we need to know about God.

...uninterupted....sleep...

...the smell of 19th century leather...


Pieces of pEacE..

bc

Gena said...

ok you people got all serious with this and have left me feeling a bit shallow.

however, thanks for being real, feeling God in your life is peace.

And i can add the sky to mine...
any time of day-
There aren't words really.

Gena said...

you did it! thanks amy!
pEaCe comes from everywhere, we just have to see it that way.
love you

Scribes for Scribblers

About Me

My photo
How we live our day is...how we live our lives. -Annie Dillard

Followers