Wednesday, June 14, 2006

ok, this is pretty hard for me but i think i may be vain.
i think i know i am. i am a little too worried about my tan, my hair and my weight.

am i alone here?

i really don't think i am. honestly, i think i am among many who suffer from such meaningless worries. "Health" i like to call it.
"I just want to be healthy".
and i do, seriously. but come on...i have to be real here. i'm not counting out my celery sticks and measuring my granola intake- i am checking my muscle tones and tan lines.
now i am not one of these that take forever getting ready because i can't escape the pull of the mirror or go vomit a meal. it's not like that with me- i just think some of my confidence may be coming from the product of my Maker instead of my Maker...ridiculous- and i am guilty of doing this with other things too...of course i am... and i know better. Satan is sneaky.

again- pray for me- i want to be healthy for God. i am His house sort of. it's that simple.
and please talk to me people!
is anyone else willing to go here with me? this vulnerable topic?
i don't think i am shallow, so i won't be putting that on you. or just let me know how you are not vain so i can be just like you :) think about it.

Proverbs 31:30
Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.

3 comments:

Meredith said...

I won't even tell you how many times I changed clothes last night before church. And, I planned since Sunday what I was going to wear on Wed. I got a new shirt, and I saved it for Wed. night! How stupid? OH, and it was sleeveless, so it showed off my tan! Hello??? I think we all struggle with this. Now, obviously, I'm not as careful about my health as you are, but it shows up in other places. OK... there you go. I can't believe I just blurted out to everyone how vain I am about my tan! :o)

Jim said...

Hmmm...I've been struggling with turning this health thing over to God for a while now. It's hard to be healthy; it's really hard to be healthy for the right reason.

Scarlett said...

Gena! You took the words out of my mouth! I have really been struggling with the vanity thing. I never really thought of it as vanity until you put it that way. You're exactly right! Satan has found my weakness and is working hard on letting the way I feel about myself physically interfere with the way I feel about myself emotionally. Wow, Gena...a light bulb has finally turned on in my head. We'll have to pray for each other on that.

Scribes for Scribblers

About Me

My photo
How we live our day is...how we live our lives. -Annie Dillard

Followers