Thursday, June 08, 2006

sinless not flawless

I have really pondered the whole Jesus and no mistakes thing. I went as far to obsess i am afraid. I think i figured something out- Jesus had to have miscut something along the way.

I was determined the other night to not make a mistake while i painted...anyone who knows me, just might know i am not the most precise person. But i tried my very best to only paint white where white was intended. In my determination i guess you can guess. Of course i slathered my "lucky leprechan" laudry with it. I wanted to be perfect but i am human. So human.

That very day i had also slid on some water on the floor and almost fell. In front of a lot of kids that laughed...Human. I also ran into a doorknob and knocked my already old person back out of line...Human. ( i know this is bordering clutz, but not my point...bear with me.)

My lack of grace doesn't call for his grace. It just reminds me i am not God. And His grace covers the times i ChOoSe to not act like Him. I don't know, maybe Jesus didn't miscut or need an outlet. I know he needed rest. He rocked didn't He? He would go to rest and be interupted and NOT get angry. I so want to be like Him. Oh, and pray for me, i am so sore today ;)

Then Jesus said, "Let's go to a place where we can be alone and get some rest." They left in a boat for a place where they could be alone. But many people saw them leave and figured out where they were going. So people from every town ran on ahead and got there first.

When Jesus got out of the boat, he saw the large crowd that was like sheep without a shepherd. He felt sorry for the people and started teaching them many things.

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Thanks for this post. It's a good reminder for us all. Thanks for all you do!

Gena said...

did anyone catch i misspelled "laundry"? beautiful...

Scribes for Scribblers

About Me

My photo
How we live our day is...how we live our lives. -Annie Dillard

Followers